Browse Zemanim: Pesah Sheni: Key Halachot - Pesah Sheni
- One brings the Pesah sacrifice on Pesah Sheni due to any of the following
- Ritually impure (Tameh) during
Pesah Rishon (14th of Nisan)
- Traveling in a distant place during
- Unintentially/intentionally did
not bring the sacrifice on Pesah Rishon
- If a minority of the people were ritually impure then the ritually pure
people bring the sacrifice on the 14th of Nisan, while the minority (ritually
impure) bring the sacrifice on Pesah Sheni.
- If a majority of the people were ritually impure, or the Kohanim/utensils
of Bet Hamiqdash were impure, the sacrifice is brought on the 14th of Nisan
anyway! Just those who are ritually pure (minority) offer the sacrifice separately.
- Qorbant Pesah (on either date) can be brought on Shabbat, and requires Hallel
to be recited during its preparation. Both are to be roasted in one's home,
and eaten with Masa and Maror. No meat may be left from this Qorban, and no
bones may be broken from the animal offered.
On Pesah Sheni we commemorate the day by saying Yehi Shem.